Remote Learning And Well-being (covid-19) January22
As case numbers rise in our community we are preparing for a number of possible scenarios:
- Some pupils learning from home – assuming they are well enough to do so – following a positive test or because parents are isolating and unable to transport children to school. Most children are in school and most staff are well and in school.
- Part school closure for reasons of high infection levels and public health guidance to close; or high numbers of staff absent with covid and lack of suitable cover staff.
- Full school closure/ open only to critical workers because it is not possible to guarantee the safety and well-being of pupils due to high numbers of staff being absent with covid and lack of suitable cover teachers.
Wherever possible we will remain open to all pupils – the whole staff team is committed to this goal and we will work flexibly to this end.
All pupils have been given a new login and email for MSTeams today so that they can join lessons remotely in the event that they are well but unable to come to school.
In the event of part closure, a member of staff, who is well, will make daily contact with the classes at home via MS Teams. Work will be set in some form, dependent upon the age of the children at home, the support they need to complete work, and the member of staff available to support those at home.
In the event of too many teachers being ill for live lessons to take place, work is being set focussing on aspects of learning, which can be completed with the use of resources posted on MSTeams and using Oak Academy lessons for support – this is a last resort but the work will be posted on MSTeams or tapestry (KS1) shortly for such an eventuality.
Please note that we currently have 2 members of staff absent – we are waiting for PCR results for one member of staff. A number of others are taking daily lateral flows in line with guidance.
This Information has not been written because we expect to be faced with the scenarios above but because we want to be fully prepared and we want to provide you with the reassurance that we are ready to smoothly transition from school to home should the need arise. We hope it does not.
As before the following applies:
My child is unwell/ I am unwell:
- Rest, keep in touch, join your class for a story on MS Teams if you are well enough
My child has tested positive and is well:
Let us know, and we will provide work for your child. We have not set this in advance because we want your child to keep up with the work being done in class as much as possible.
Depending on your child's age the remote learning offer will include:
A class story on MSTeams
On-line learning in real time with your class
Work on Discovery Education
Work sent by email or Tapestry (class 1 and 2)
Doodle maths and English (Year 2-6)
To support pupils and parents we use Tapestry in Key Stage 1 (Years Reception to 2) and Microsoft Teams in Key Stage 2 (Years 3 to 6). Please read the guidelines below.
For further information and support please see the downloads below.
Tapestry Links: -
Microsoft Team Links: -
- Microsoft Teams — if you need to download MS Teams to a device
- Microsoft Office 365 — all pupils have an individual email and password