The lists below detail all the words to be studied from foundation to Y6. The lists will be set as homework. Your teacher will tell you which list to learn each week.
How to learn
1. Test to find out how many words you can already spell; then concentrate on the ones you get wrong.
2. Look closely at any you misspelled. Which parts of the word did you get right? What can you do to remember the parts you got wrong.
- Mispronouncing eg bus in ess
- Looking for small words within big words
- Mnemonics big elephants can add up sums easily
- Sayings: practise the piano with style
- Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
- Create a picture and a story:-
It is necessary to wear one collar and 2 socks when visiting the queen.