Governor Committees And Reports
Most of the work of the governing body occurs in committees, these are organised annually. If you are able to offer a particular skill to the governing body, to support its work, then please contact the office to find out how you can get involved. There is a full meeting held at school 3 times each year. For attendance at our meetings please see documents below.
There are three main committees:
- Health and Safety
- Finance and Personnel
- Curriculum and Pupils
Health and Safety
As governors we are committed to ensure a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils and staff.
This committee meets at least once a term to look at all aspects of the schools and pupils' health and safety, to ensure a fit for purpose learning environment.
The accident book is scrutinised as are health and safety records for the testing of fire alarms, water temperatures and evacuation drills.
A termly health and safety walk around is completed, which examines the entire school for improvements, potential risks, and work carried out already. Parents and pupils are invited to join us for this.
Recently, we have implemented an eco-friendly cleaning system to reduce plastic waste and the use of chemicals.
During the pandemic we worked with the school to put in place risk assessments and enhanced cleaning arrangements. We recognised the school's vulnerability during this time to staff absence and moved to a cleaning firm to ensure that we could remain open.
Finance and Personnel
This committee monitors spending in line with the school improvement plan.
Current plans include:
- Purchasing a validated phonics scheme
- Purchase of new Laptops
- Working with a stem partner to help reduce our carbon footprint
Curriculum and Pupils
This committee is responsible for working with the headteacher, staff, pupils and parents to continuously improve the curriculum we offer to our pupils and families.
During a typical year we:
- Analyse anonymous pupil data to look for areas of success and areas we can improve
- Arrange surveys for parents, pupils and staff and use the information to celebrate success and make improvement suggestions
- Visit the school to monitor the implementation of the school policies related to learning
- Support the head teacher and staff with school improvement
- Set school improvement plan with the headteacher and staff
- Ensure a diverse, inclusive and appropriate education for the pupils
This year we are focused on supporting the school:
- To adapt the curriculum to support all pupils after the National Lockdowns
- To implement a validated phonics scheme
- To work with partners to further develop our approach to preparing pupils to live and work in a global society