We believe that learning should be an amazing adventure for all children, enabling them to experience challenge and the joy of achievement across and within a rich, diverse curriculum. We believe in the value of community, where every member is a contributor to the greater sum of the whole. We believe our children are entitled to have it all: knowledge, skills, happiness and a thirst to live and learn.
We challenge and expect our learners and community members to be:
- Stewards for the future of mankind
- Role models for the world we want
- Guardians of equality and diversity, standing up for their own rights and the rights of others to be themselves.
In 2011 Ofsted rated us as Outstanding. I am proud and honoured to be the Headteacher of such an amazing school and I promise to nurture your child as I do my own.
I make these promises to you as a parent member of our community.
I promise to:
- Value your child as an individual with unique talents and skills
- Care for your child as I care for my own
- Listen carefully to you and your child
- Help your child to be the very best they can be
- Smile first
- Work in partnership with you to enable your child to thrive and learn.
- Support the development of lifelong learning habits
- Forgive and forget
The school ethos is one of unconditional positive regard for all with a focus on building long-lasting, and positive relationships within, and beyond our school gates. We have built our school around the children and families that we serve.
Our pupils are all successful learners; they have strong learning habits and are proud to belong Newton Burgoland Primary School. I am privileged to be their Headteacher.
Welcome to Newton Burgoland Primary School.
Sue Ward (Head teacher)