Our Values, Aims and Ethos/ British values
Newton Burgoland Primary School is a traditional school. We place a high premium on good manners, good behaviour and learning together.
"The school motto of ‘Together we can achieve excellence’ has been achieved not only academically but in all aspects of personal development, which are now outstanding."
Promoting British Values
The values of Newton Burgoland Primary School reflect British values.
We promote in work and play:
- Friendship and Kindness
- Democracy and rules
- Freedom of choice with an understanding of consequence
- Effort and diligence
We do not tolerate bullying, unkindness, extremism or racism.
Newton Burgoland Primary School is an inclusive community which strives for and achieves excellence and enjoyment in all areas of school life.
By working together with parents and the wider community we:
- Maximise progress for all children across a broad and balanced curriculum
- Raise levels of children’s attainment continuously
- Celebrate the progress and talents of all children
- Develop all children’s ability to make responsible, thoughtful choices in a secure environment
- Develop all pupils’ curiosity, independence, ability to work with others, tolerance and sense of justice
- Develop all pupils’ ability to engage with learning and to persevere
- Prepare all our pupils for life and learning in the 21st century
- Develop ‘e-confidence’ alongside ‘e-intelligent’ attitudes towards technology
- Foster caring relationships
Visitors arriving at our school tell us it feels like coming home; it feels safe like a bear hug from mum or dad; it feels like being snuggled up in a cosy blanket- this is our ethos:
Together we achieve Excellence
Everyone welcome everyone special everyone a winner
learn more, Do more,
Choose to be more...