Safeguarding, Health, Safety & Wellbeing
The designated Senior lead for safeguarding is the headteacher, Mrs Sue Ward. Mrs Louise Elliott and Mrs Linda Foster are also safeguarding officers within the school. Please report any concerns you may have, in confidence to the headteacher or to one of the other safeguarding officers in school.
Lets Talk Pants! - Teach your child the Underwear Rule and help protect them from abuse.
- Action for Children
- NSPCC Lets Talk Pants
- LCC Child Protection
- www.o2.co.uk/nspcc - helpline is 0800 800 5002 - keep kids safe online
- NSPCC Whistleblowing
Emergency & SEVERE WEATHER Closure
The procedure for informing parents of our school closing due to severe weather or in case of emergency closure is as follows: -
- We will send you a text message if at all possible
- Details will be passed to the local radio station, Radio Leicester - 104.9 FM
- They will broadcast the information from 7.30 am.
- You can also access the up to date information on line at Radio Leicester http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/leicester/hi/tv_and_radio/
- Parents/Guardians must not contact the radio station direct as this hinders the process.
During adverse weather conditions we will endeavour to minimise the risk to school users by carrying out the following:
- A safe route from the main gate to all school entrances will be cleared of snow and/or ice and gritted.
- Warning signs will be displayed.
All school users/visitors/staff, including pupils, must keep to the cleared & gritted routes.
Please note that all school users have a personal responsibility to be careful when walking on snow and ice
Please read the detailed Emergency Closure Information below
We have at least 8 members of staff trained in First Aid with 3 members trained in Paediatric First Aid
Bumped Head/Injury Near Eye
- You will receive a text message informing you of any bumped head or injury near eye.
- A letter concerning the incident will be in your child’s book bag.
- We will give your child a red 'I bumped my head today' wrist band.
In case of all First Aid incidents; we will phone you immediately if we think your child should see a doctor or needs to be collected urgently; if appropriate we will phone an ambulance.
Request for Services (for Children and Families) - Early Help - Family Steps
- For more information on Family Steps please see the leaflet below.
- Please follow the link below to request services for children, young people and their families who feel they may need some additional support. The form can be completed by professionals, friends or by the family themselves.
Request for Early Help - https://resources.leicestershire.gov.uk/education-and-children/child-protection-and-safeguarding/early-help - click on Request for Services link